Reminder: Santa will be here Saturday, December 7, 2019 from 2:00pm-4:00pm at the North Brighton Townhouses Clubhouse. Feel free to take your our pictures or we can for $1.00 for 1 picture – $5.00 for 6 pictures. Free treats for the children.
Halloween Tips from the KC Police Department
1. Trick-or-treat with trusted neighbors Use the Nextdoor Treat Map (https://nextdoor.com/treat_map). to plan your route ahead of time and find the safest, most efficient route to the candy. If you’re planning to hand out candy this year, add your house to the map! Don’t forget to choose the newly added Teal Pumpkin if you plan to hand out non-food treats for trick-or-treaters with food allergies. Help make Halloween a safe day for all kiddos.
2. Dress like a ghoul or goblin, but stay safe Make sure costumes and candy bags or pails are reflective. Costumes shouldn’t drag too far on the ground to avoid tripping, and masks, hats, and shoes should be well-fitting.
3. If you plan to be driving during trick-or-treat hours, watch for children walking on roadways, medians, and curbs Be sure to enter and exit driveways carefully, and have your lights turned on so pedestrians can see you coming and move to the side of the road.
4. Use well-marked routes to get to the candy Always use the sidewalk, and do not cut across yards or use alleys. Wherever possible, cross the road at a crosswalk.
5. When in doubt, throw the candy out Avoid candy that has loose wrappings, is completely unwrapped, has puncture holes, or is homemade and not factory-wrapped. Small children should not be allowed hard candy, which could be a choking hazard. Have a spooktacular Halloween! Written by Nick Brinkerhoff
Happy 1st Day of October! Our next Board meeting will be on Tuesday, October 8, 2019. Doors will open at 7:00pm. Hope to see everyone!
Maintenance & office will be closed Labor Day, Monday, September 2, 2019. Our monthly board meeting will be held on the second Tuesday, September 10, 2019 (doors open at 7pm). Also, don’t forget the Senior Lunch held on the third Thursday, September 19, 2019 starts at 11:30am.